The Food Quality Management department (FQM) is one of four departments under the Institute of Biotechnology and Food Technology (IBF). In 2014, IBF provided two undergraduate programmes, namely Bachelor of Engineering in Biotechnology and Bachelor of Engineering in Food Engineering and Technology. During this period, the Food Safety and Quality Assurance programme (FSQA) was an emphasis that senior students could choose to pursue in the last semester. We shared the same programme code with the FST Programme but complied with a different curriculum. In 2017, the FSQA was officially established as an independent educational programme with a different programme code and independent student recruitment under Decision No. 447/QĐ-ĐHCN, signed on Jan 12, 2017, by the Rector of the Industrial University of HCM city. The establishment of the programme aims to help training, scientific research, international cooperation, and technology transfer activities are clearly oriented in the field of Food Safety and Quality Assurance, which contributes to the supply of high-quality human resources with competence, attributes, and ability to integrate globally for research, production and trading facilities in the fields of food and food quality management.
Educational Objectives (PEO) of the Food safety and Quality assurance Programme:
- PEO 1: Become a high-quality workforce at the work unit who are able to solve practical problems related to food quality management.
- PEO 2: Demonstrate excellence in professional skills with strong communication and problem-solving in the field of food quality management and related fields.
- PEO 3: Demonstrate a lifelong learning ability and work ethic in the field of food quality management and related fields, through career development.
Expected learning outcomes (CLO) of the Food safety and Quality assurance Programme:
- PLO 1. Apply knowledge of mathematics, natural science, and social sciences to solve technical problems in FSQA.
- PLO 2. Identify and solve problems in the field of quality assurance and food safety
- PLO 3. Analyze the impact of specific technical solutions on food security and sustainable development.
- PLO 4. Demonstrate knowledge of the latest issues in the field of quality assurance and food hygiene and safety.
- PLO 5. Utilize modern technical methods and tools to solve problems in the field of quality assurance and food safety
- PLO 6. Conduct and design analytical experiments based on determining appropriate input parameters, analyzing, and interpreting obtained data
- PLO 7. Demonstrate professional skills of a member of the quality assurance team.
- PLO 8. Establish a food quality assurance system comply with national and international standards
- PLO 9. Communicate effectively in written, oral, and graphical modes in both technical and non-technical environments; identify and use appropriate technical documents.
- PLO 10. Demonstrate professional ethics in the field of quality assurance & food safety
- PLO 11. Comply with requirements that advance professional career growth in the field of food quality management.