||Tran Gia-Buu (Ph.D)
Department of Biotechnology
Institute of Biotechnology and Foodtechnology
4th Floor, F building, No.12 Nguyen Van Bao Street, Ward 4, Go Vap District, Ho Chi Minh city
- Title: Lecturer
- In charge of: ABET member
2006-2010 Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology, University of Science, Vietnam National University Ho Chi Minh city
2011-2013 Master of Science in Molecular Medicine, Chonnam National University, Korea
2013-2015 Doctor of Philosophy in Molecular Medicine, Chonnam National University, Korea
- 2011-2015: Researcher in Laboratory of Oral biochemistry, Shool of Dentistry, Chonnam National University
- 2015-now: Lecturer in Institute of Biotechnology and Foodtechnology, Industrial University of Ho Chi Minh city
- Teaching Course
- Food biochemistry (practical)
- Fundamental biology (theoretical + practical)
- Molecular biology (practical)
- Introduction to Biotechnology (theoretical)
- Specialization English for Biotechnology (theoretical)
Main research fields
- Cell biology
- Animal physiology
- Recombinant protein production
- Tran Le Bao Ha, To Minh Quan, Tran Gia Buu, Ngo Thi Hoang Oanh, Doan Nguyen Vu, Phan Kim Ngoc, 2011. Research on biocompatibility of cancellous-derived acellular scaffold, Journal of Science and Technology Development- Vietnam National University Ho Chi Minh city, 14(5):74-84
- Sun Hee Ahn, Hee-Young Yang, Gia Buu Tran, Joseph Kwon, Kyu-Yeol Son, Suhee Kim, Quoc Thuong Dinh, Seunggon Jung, Ha-Mi Lee, Kyoung-Oh Cho and Tae-Hoon Lee, 2015. Interaction of peroxiredoxin V with dihydrolipoamide branched chain transacylase E2 (DBT) in mouse kidney under hypoxia, Proteome Science Journal, 13(4), 1-9
- Gia-Buu Tran, Nghia-Thu Tram Le, Sao-Mai Dam, 2018. Potential Use of Essential Oil Isolated from Cleistocalyx operculatus Leaves as a Topical Dermatological Agent for Treatment of Burn Wound, Dermatology Research and Practice, vol. 2018, Article ID 2730169.
- Gia-Buu Tran, Sao-Mai Dam, Nghia-Thu Tram Le, 2018.Amelioration of Single Clove Black Garlic Aqueous Extract on Dyslipidemia and Hepatitis in Chronic Carbon Tetrachloride Intoxicated Swiss Albino Mice, International Journal of Hepatology, vol. 2018, Article ID 9383950.
- Gia-Buu Tran, Phuong Nhung Thi Tran, Thi Trang Nguyen, 2018. Characterization of Crilin and Nanocurcumin’s synergistic effect on treatmnet for 7,12-dimethylbenz[a]antharancene (DMBA)-induced brease cancer mice, VNU Journal of Science: Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol 34, No.1, 61-73.
- Hoang-Yen Thi Hoang, Gia-Buu Tran, 2018. Optimization of fermentation conditions and media for production of glucose isomerase from Bacillus megaterium using Response Surface Methodology, Scientifica (Cairo), vol 2018, Article ID 6842843.
- Bich-Hang Do, Bach-Phuong Thi Vu, Gia-Buu Tran, Hoai-Nguyen Nguyen, 2018. Emerging functions of chromatin modifications in auxin biosynthesis in response to environmental alterations. Plant Growth Regulation, 87(1);165-174.
- Hong-Thien Van, Ngoc-Buu Tran, Tran-Tien Trinh, Nhu-Truc Thi Vo, Van-Son Le, Tan-Viet Pham, Gia-Buu Tran, Tan-Quoc Pham Le, 2019. Phytochemical composition and antibacterial activity of ethanol extract of Amorphophallus lanceolatus tuber (Araceae), 10(20).
- Hong Thien Van, Uyen Thuy Xuan Phan, Gia Buu Tran, 2019. Chemical diversity of the Melaleuca cajuputi leaf oils from six locations in Southern Vietnam. Agriculturae Conspectus Scientificus (in press).
- Thach-Cuong Nguyen, Gia-Buu Tran, Hoai-Nguyen Nguyen, 2019. The MYB–bHLH–WDR interferers (MBWi) epigenetically suppress the MBW’s targets. Biology of the Cell, 111(11), 284-291.
- Hoai-Nguyen Nguyen, Gia-Buu Tran, Thach-Cuong Nguyen, 2019. Anti-oxidative effects of superoxide dismutase 3 6 on inflammatory diseases. Journal of Molecular Medicine (in press).