Personal data :
Full name : VAN-DUNG NGUYEN
Marital status: married
Address: Department of Biotechnology
Institute of Biotechnology and Food Technology
Industrial University of Ho Chi Minh city.
12 Nguyen Van Bao, Ward 04, Go Vap district,
Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
PhD study in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Universiad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Master of Science in Molecular Bioengineering, Graz University of Technology, Graz, Austria
Long-term postgraduate training “Modern problems in Biology and Microbial Technology”, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
Bachelor of Science in Biology/ Biotechnology, University of Natural Sciences, Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam
2011- present: Lecturer at the Institute of Biotechnology and Food technology, Industrial University of Ho Chi Minh City, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
2008- 2011: Researcher at The Center of Molecular Biology Severo Ochoa, Autonomous University of Madrid, The Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), Madrid, Spain
1995-2001: Researcher, Inspector at The Post Harvest Technology Institute, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
PARTICIPATION IN RESEARCH PROJECTS :
- Identification of Human Leukocyte Antigen (HLA) variants in Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC) of Vietnamese ethnicity to develop vaccine to cure HCC
- Comparative analysis of HLA-B27-bound peptide repertoires from human cells expressing ERAP-1 variants differentially associated to Ankylosing Spondylitis disease
- The effect of ERAP1 knock-down on the expression of HLA-B27 subtypes in human C1R cell lines
- Study on Drosophila innate immunity: Cloning and over-expression of putative Toll pathway serine proteases with different GAL4 drivers in the Drosophila melanogaster. Quantification of Drosomycin expression in adult flies that have over-expressed serine proteases, using Real-time Quantitative PCR.
- Generation and characterization of polyclonal antibodies directed against specific epitopes of the human transient receptor potential channel TRPC3”
- Study on Human Leukocyte Antigen class I – B27 molecules and B27-bound peptides : Characterization of B27-bound peptides purified from human splenocytes, human peripheral blood lymphocytes and splenocytes of doubly B27 transgenic mice. Differences in association of HLA class I heavy chains (including B27 subtypes) with beta2-microglobulin.
- Characterization of Protease enzymes of the insect Plutella macculipennis”
Teaching and supervising experiences:
Have been teaching Courses :
Trained and supervised students in the lab and helped them for the preparation
of their thesis for the Bachelor’s degree
Research Publications :
Eva Stodulkova , Petr Man, Jan Pohl, Dung Van Nguyen, Silvie Vaingatova, Eva Ivaskova, Marika Pla, Jana Capkova, Marie Sedlackova, Pavol Ivanyi, Miroslav Flieger. Peptides eluted from HLA-B27 of human splenocytes and blood cells reveal a similar but partially different profile compared to in vitro grown cell lines.
Immunology Letters, 2004 Jul 15; 94(3):261-5.
Noel García-Medel, Alejandro Sanz-Bravo, Dung Van Nguyen, Begona Galocha, Patricia Gomez-Molina, Adrian Martín-Esteban, Carlos Alvarez-Navarro, and Jose A. Lopez de Castro, Functional Interaction of the Ankylosing Spondylitis-associated Endoplasmic Reticulum Aminopeptidase 1 Polymorphism and HLA-B27 in Vivo, Molecular & Cellular Proteomics 11.11, 1416–1429, 2012. (Impact factor 8.0)
Kim-Ngoc Thi Pham, Minh-Nguyet Thị Nguyen, My Ngan Thai, Dung Van Nguyen, Isolation and Identification of Lactic Bacteria from Salted Squid, Journal of Science and technology, Vietnam National University, Hanoi, 30, 6S-C, 703-709. 2014
Hong -Thang Tran, Duan-Hai Thi Tran, Thanh-Phong Huynh Nguyen, Tinh Thi Nguyen, Bao Xuyen Ho, Dung Van Nguyen, Characterization of protease activity from Bacillus subtilis cells immobilized in alginate gels, Journal of Science and technology, Industrial University of HoChiMinh City, 2(19), 2015,
Participation at international Meetings with Posters and Oral Communications:
The 12th International Congress of Immunology and 4th Annual Conference of FOCIS, July 2004, Montréal, Canada.
The ICREA-IRB Joint Conference on ”Drosophila as a Model for Human Diseases” at the Institute for Research in Biomedicine, Barcelona Science park, October 2006.
The International Course on Advances in Neuroimmunology in Barcelona, organized by the Autonomous University of Barcelona and University of Sydney, June 2007.
The first International Meeting of the Inflammation and Rheumatic Diseases Network (RIER) in Madrid, December 2009
The second meeting of RIER in Madrid, April 2010.
The 7th international workshop on antigen processing and presenation, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2012
The fifth conference on science and engineering research, Industrial University of Ho Chi Minh City, 2014
International Conference On Advanced Technology And Sustainable Development – ICATSD2016, Industrial University of Ho Chi Minh City, 2016